Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving.

Well, I liked the idea of posting at least one thing each day to be thankful for on Facebook and so I did that this year. (:

This was my day-to-day list:
Day 1: I'm thankful for my family. I don't know what I would do without them, I would do ANYthing for them, and I'm glad I get to be with them for eternity. Love you guys.
Day 2: I'm thankful for my friends! From new friends to my best friends. (: I'm thankful that I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life to help when they need it, to love, and to share wonderful memories with. I hope I've been a great friend to all of you guys as well. I'm thankful for friendship.

Day 3: I am thankful for the sun, for summer, for 90 degree heat, etc. BECAUSE if it was cold and rainy like this all the time...I would surely die. haha I need the sun.
Day 4: I am thankful that I have finally been hired somewhere! It’s been a long wait. So, I can't believe in just a short time I will be working. AND this means I can save money for school and get a phone. :D

Day 5: I am thankful for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm grateful for being brought up in the gospel and to have a strong testimony. I know the church is true, I know the Lord is always with me, and I know I am a stronger person being a Latter-day Saint. (:
Day 6: I am thankful for laughter. I wouldn't be able to make it through life without it. (:

Day 7: I am SO thankful for letters that bridge the gap between me and some of my best friends. Even in hard times, there is always something to be thankful for.
Day 8: I am thankful for music. (: I love the way music gives you chills because its so good, the way music calms you, when you relate to a song, when every time a good song comes on and you say "I LOVE THIS SONG!" haha and songs that have lyrics exactly like the words you so desperately want to say out loud.

Day 9: I am thankful for photos, especially one like this one. At the time, it may be annoying to keep taking pictures BUT I have never regretted taking too many. They hold so many wonderful memories and people I would never ever want to forget.
Day 10, Veterans Day: I am thankful for our service men and women! How blessed we are to live in this great land with the freedom we have...freedom that we have because people have fought for it. Thank you to those who have served, are serving, and who will serve. My prayers will always be with you.

Day 11: I am thankful for a blog. (: Not just a blog, but for writing in general. Being able to write well has been a blessing in my life.
Day 12: I am thankful for prayer. I'm truly thankful for the power of it and how it lifts my spirit when life just brings me down.

Day 13: I am thankful for all the wonderful people that support me in all that I do! Thanks everyone. (:
Day 14: I am thankful for my new shoes! :D haha I love them.

Day 15: I am thankful for band-aids!
Day 16: I am thankful for grilled cheese sandwiches. :D Well food in general. Haha

Day 17: I am thankful for...PASSING my driving test!! SO excited to finally have my license. :D
Day 18: I am thankful for the outdoors. Nothing better than an open dirt road, a peaceful lake for fishing, the sound of the ocean and warmth of the sand, the breathtaking view after a long hike, clear blue skies, the change of colors in the leaves... (:
Day 19: I'm thankful for being able to chill with good friends after a long day at work. (:

Day 20: I am thankful for SLEEP. haha

I stopped at Day 20 (obviously. haha) So, here is the rest.

Day 21: I am thankful for the knowledge of the life here after, The Plan of Salvation. It brings me peace knowing I will someday see each person I have lost in this life and my beautiful animals.

Day 22: I am thankful for my home. Its surely a blessing to have a roof over my head and a place to feel safe.

Day 23: I am thankful for Facebook. haha For many reasons other than something to pass the time.

Day 24: I am thankful for showers. :D

Day 25: I am thankful for the Christmas Season coming up!! I'm especially thankful for the music and service that comes along with it.

Day 26: I am thankful for my new calling in Primary.

Day 27: I am, specifically, thankful for the BEACH.
 
Day 28: I am thankful for heart felt conversations. Conversations that are worth remembering, that help situations, that heal, and that make everything better... 

Day 29: I am thankful for my family I don't always see. My Grandparents are my heros, I look up to my Uncles even if they aren't doing things I would do...I respect them completely, for my younger cousins for stealing my heart everytime I visit, and for the family I won't see again until after this life.

Day 30: I am thankful for trials. Through the trials I have become stronger and through the struggles I've really learned to appreciate everything more.  

There is so much to be thankful for and I have learned that even more this month. I am truly thankful for everything in my life from the good times to the bad. From the easiest of times to the most challenging. Life is a beautiful struggle and everyday is a new day to see what there is to be thankful for. Never lose sight of that.

Until Then.

No comments:

Post a Comment