Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lessons.

Life is full of learning experiences. Full of lessons to be learned. We learn those lessons through the hard times, in good times, when we are ready for them, and sometimes we learn them when we least expect it.

Just a short list of important lessons I have learned:
1. People change.
2. Sometimes people just stick around to get something out of you...then they leave.
3. Over-thinking can make things more painful than they actually are.
4. Always be yourself.
5. Don't stray from your path, no matter how tempting it could be.
6. Its okay to fall apart sometimes.
7. Pray always even when you don't feel like it...that is when you need to the most.
8. Stand up for what you believe in.
9. Smile, even when you want to cry.
10. Everything happens for a reason.
11. Life is tough but I am tougher.
12. Sometimes the right path is not the easiest but it is ultimately worth it.
13. We remember the moments not the days.
14. Don't hold yourself back and don't let any one ELSE hold you back.
15. Your dreams are yours, that means you must make them happen.


Well another lesson I have finally learned is to not make someone a priority when to them you are only an option. It has taken me a while to learn that because I make each person, especially my closest friends, my biggest priorities. They all know that too. Well lately, there is a friend in particular who I think highly of and I care for this person as a great friend. I have come to know one of the worst feelings I think we could ever feel. The feeling is this, when the one person that could make you feel so important one day makes you feel SO unwanted the next. Its a terrible feeling.

I just miss this person, who this person was, and the worst part is having this person close by and feeling like this person is millions of miles away. Well, I have done my part. I have learned I cannot do everything. I cannot make this person talk to me, I just can't. I can only go so far...until I am stretched to the limit and that is how I feel, stretched. So i'm done. I have a new mantra: "Close your eyes, clear your heart, let it go." 


If this person comes back to me as my best friend, I will be over joyed but as of now, i'm letting go. Another lesson to learn is sometimes the hardest thing to do is to let go...but it is the RIGHT thing to do. It may not make sense, it may hurt, it will NOT be easy but one day it will make sense why it had to happen that way.

Until Then.

No comments:

Post a Comment