Saturday, May 14, 2011

Smile.



A simple way to show you care.
A simple way to show love.
A simple way to show gratitude.
A simple way to show friendship.
A simple way to show happiness.
A simple way to show strength.
A simple way to show content.
A simple way to show excitement.
A simple way to show all these great emotions.

However. Oh, what a smile can hide.

Behind a smile could be a broken heart.
Behind a smile could be a contrite spirit.
Behind a smile could be a depressed soul.
Behind a smile could be racing thoughts.
Behind a smile could be hurt.
Behind a smile could be sorrow.
Behind a smile could be tears being held back.
Behind a smile could be someone weak.

Who knew that a smile could be the ultimate mask. A mask for the sorrowful, a mask for the hurting, and ultimately a mask for a frown. This life is hard but as we have all been taught, you smile and get through it. No one said it would be easy, only worth it.

Well. In my life, I want to be the friend to everyone that helps them through their hard times. I want to be the one friends can come to if they need anything, so that their smiles can be unmasked. I want to help heal hearts, hold those who are weak, be the shoulder to cry on, and the listening ear. I don't want to be a passive friend. I want my friends to know I am here for them in the good times and BAD, as cheesy as that may sound. This life is hard and no one should have to go through it alone.

Seeing others smile, brings a smile to my heart. No one should have to fake a smile around me...I want their smiles to be pure joy and all those good things I listed first. BUT I know this is life and its a test, so hard times are going to come and a smile is going to have to mask what is really being felt. I just want my friends to know, I'm here for them, my family too.

Smile. It makes the whole world brighter. (:

Until Then.

No comments:

Post a Comment