Monday, December 12, 2011

Up.

"I don’t know where I’m at
I’m standing at the back
And I’m tired of waiting
Waiting here in line, hoping that I’ll find what I’ve been chasing.

I shot for the sky
I’m stuck on the ground
So why do I try, I know I’m gonna fall down
I thought I could fly, so why did I drown?
Never know why it’s coming down, down, down..."

- 'Down' by Jason Walker.
I always say how perfect music is and how it just tells the story of each of our souls. It tells the world what our hearts are saying and everything we want to say. Music is life and I usually never go a day without it.

With that said, of course I have been listening to music on Pandora all morning. This song came on and I've heard it before BUT this time, it seemed to hit me really hard. It seems like every time I try to get out and chase my dreams, I fall back down and start to drown. Its been an up and down roller coaster with everything.

Well, even through all the struggles, I'm learning to still get back up and just shoot higher. Its hard to feel things like rejection, disappointment, pain, and heartache but unfortunately that's life. However hard those feelings are though, they show us how wonderful the feelings of pure joy, love, and happiness are. Those feelings are what we so desperately want to feel in this life, I know I always strive to be happy and make others feel the same. As much as I try, I can't stop the bad times from coming. All I can do when they come is to go with it, "roll with the punches"...go with the flow.

Life can be disappointing. When you get your hopes up and it doesn't go right. When that perfect guy finds someone who is not you. When you lose people who are dear to you. But you know what? That is when we grow the most. That is when we are becoming stronger individuals. THAT is when we are becoming thankful for all the happy times and good feelings. We learn to appreciate everything more when we've learned what its like to lose it all.

I'm writing this because I don't want to fall and drown. I want to continue to get back up when I fall. I want to keep getting stronger. I want to shoot for the stars and one day reach my dreams. I want to inspire another to never give up. Do not give up on people, on your hopes and dreams, and NEVER give up on yourself. We are all worth do much more than what this world tells us. We need to be driven. We need to be compassionate and help others along the way. We need to always get back UP when we have fallen...no matter how hard or trying that may be.

Until Then.

No comments:

Post a Comment